Read this tip to make your life smarter, better, faster and wiser. LifeTips is the place to go when you need to know about Immigration Laws and other Legal topics.
There are actually several ways to immigrate under the US immigration laws. Immigration can be obtained through:
* A family member
* Through employment in the United States
* Through an investment, which could be establishing a new business or investing a qualified amount into an existing business for the purpose of promoting jobs
* Through asylum or as a refugee, having proof that harm would befall you should you return to your native country
* Through international adoption; under the LIFE Act. which essentially was designed for spouses and children of permanent residents;
* Through the Diversity Lottery, which grants 55,000 immigrant visas to people from countries with low immigration rates to the US;
* Through the Violence Against Women Act, which pertains to spouses (or children) of US citizens who have experienced abusive acts by their spouse or parent;
* Under the “Registry Provision” which applies to immigrants who entered the US prior to 1972 and meet certain other criteria;
* Under the “Special Immigration” rule, which might apply to someone coming to the US for religious purposes, a widow of a US citizen or other criteria.
If you feel you fall into one or more of these categories, it is recommended that you employ the services of a US immigration attorney for clarification and assistance in meeting requirements and filing deadlines established by immigration law.