Read this tip to make your life smarter, better, faster and wiser. LifeTips is the place to go when you need to know about Law Schools and other Legal topics.
There are several reporting agencies that determine each year, the top 100 law schools in the nation. US News is an example of such a reporting agency. Typically these agencies will report based on several factors and compile opinions from various groups.
Some of the ranking factors include:
* Overall score given by peers
* Overall assessment by judges and lawyers working in the profession; * Ratings based upon undergraduate students' opinions;
* LSAT scores achieved;
* Acceptance rate;
* Student to faculty ratio;
* Percentage of graduates employed after graduation;
* Percentage of students employed nine months after graduation;
* The school's bar passage rate by jurisdiction as well as overall passage rate.
It is important, too, to investigate the area of specialty if any, that you desire to practice in. Some schools are known for their area of expertise. Being at a top 100 law school may not be as important to you as finding the school that specializes in your area of interest.