Read this tip to make your life smarter, better, faster and wiser. LifeTips is the place to go when you need to know about Criminal Law and other Legal topics.
There are times in which the police may execute a search without a warrant and stay within the confines of the law. Some categories under criminal law that such a search could occur might be:
* If the officer feels that his/her safety is being compromised or could be compromised;
* If the police are in a “hot” pursuit;
* When illegal evidence is seen in plain view;
* If the police offer terms his/her questions with regard to temporary questioning;
* If a person consents or gives permission for the search
* After the police have made a lawful arrest.
|Jennifer Mathes, Ph.D.|